You were in a great workout routine, attending classes getting fit. Suddenly – the gyms are closed, again. This has happened several times over the last year, and you’re probably wondering how to best get back into it after taking a month long break.
It’s normal to feel disappointed, like all the progress that you made was lost and that you’d never reach your workout goals.
If this is how you feel, know this: it’s almost impossible to follow a workout routine perfectly when you have work responsibilities, family responsibilities, and everything else in between. It’s important not to let these get you discouraged from the progress that you’ve made.
It’s part of the journey.
So, you missed a month of training? Maybe you were sick, or had family responsibilities, or were unable to make it for any other reason. That’s okay. It was just a break. Guilting yourself about it won’t help you move forward.
Try these 6 tips to get back into momentum after a break from your personal training gym.
- Remind yourself of a specific workout you have done before where you felt awesome. Make achieving that feeling your goal, and you’ll feel powerful already!
- If you booked a timeslot, just go. Even if it’s just to chat with friends, it’s better than cancelling and then feeling disappointed. And it will help you get in the routine of attending your bookings.
- Remind yourself that your workout is only 30 minutes! Or only an hour! Or however long your workout is. It’s very doable and not worth stressing about whether you have the time for it or not.
- Treat yourself. Buy some new training shoes, or gym t-shirt. You don’t need to spend a lot. It’s just something for you to help get your game back on.
- Find a friend to join you. If you have a partner, you’ll be less likely to pass up on your workout appointments.
- Set realistic goals. Don’t commit to 5-days-a-week if you know you can’t do it. Start with 2 or 3 times a week, or something achievable that fits into your schedule.
Now that the personal training gyms are open again in Singapore, we hope these tips will help you get back into your fitness routine.